Most people only make pumpkin bread during the fall season, but you can enjoy it all year long! Sometimes you have a random craving for foods that you normally save for the colder months. If you want to start your Thanksgiving earlier this year, treat yourself to these delicious pumpkin muffins! You only need a few standard household ingredients and they are incredibly easy to prepare.
Match these Pumpkin bread muffins with a butternut squash soup or whatever comfort food you prefer. You can also make a cinnamon butter spread on the bread to make it even more flavorful! We will include instructions for doing this below.
Pumpkin bread roll recipe
Are you ready to bake? Go!
You need these kitchen supplies:
- Large mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Big knife
- Measuring cups
- Wooden spoon to stir the ingredients.
- Table or other large area for kneading dough
- Kitchen towel
- Cooking thread
- Pastry brush
- A butternut squash
- 160 ml of water
- 5 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil drizzle
- Coconut oil for brushing in rolls
How to make the dough for pumpkin bread:
- First, take out the cutting board and slice the squash. You’ll want to cut the stem first, and then cut the squash in half.
- Turn one of the halves over and cut the skin on all sides.
- Cut the squash in half into thirds and then cut these pieces into thirds. Then line them up and slice horizontally to create cubes.
- Repeat this with the other half of the pumpkin, then place the cubes on a sheet of parchment paper. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 30-40 minutes.
- Take your large mixing bowl and pour in the 160 ml of water. Next, measure out 1.5 teaspoons of the active dry yeast and pour this in.
- Add the tablespoon of maple syrup and then let it sit for a few minutes to absorb the yeast. Now, add 1 cup of the pumpkin puree, setting the rest aside for any other pumpkin recipes you like.
- Mix the ingredients with a spoon and add the 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Then add the teaspoon of salt and mix with the other ingredients.
- Now mix the ingredients by hand until the flour is mostly combined with the batter.
- Transfer to your table or large cutting board, sprinkling a little flour on the surface to prevent sticking.
- Knead the dough further until the flour is no longer visible.
- Now, wash the bowl and drizzle some olive oil on the bottom.
- Place the dough inside and rub generously with oil.
- Cover with a kitchen towel until the dough doubles.
- Scoop out the dough, knead it a little more into a ball and cut into quarters.
- Knead each of these pieces into a ball shape and cut into halves until you get eight pieces.
- Sprinkle some more flour on the table and roll each piece of dough into balls.
- Next, take your kitchen twine and start wrapping it around one of the dumplings to create a pumpkin. To achieve this, first place the twine under the dough horizontally in the middle. Bring it around the top, tying a knot, then place the twine vertically over the top.
- Flip the dough over and place the string horizontally along the bottom. Tie the knot, then lay it diagonally across the dough, turning it over and repeating on top.
- So when you are done with this process, you should have eight “slices” in the string batter. It should look exactly like a pumpkin! Tie a bow at the top and cut off the excess thread. Repeat this with the other seven pieces of dough.
- Transfer to a sheet of parchment paper and place a light skillet or cutting board on top of the dough. Let stand for about 30 minutes for the yeast to rise.
- Next, take out the pastry brush and rub it with a little melted coconut oil. Brush the dough well with oil.
- Place the Pumpkin bread Roll in the oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Now carefully undo the twine from the rolls. You may need a pair of scissors to get started.
- Once done, grab some pretzels and break eight rounded edges to make stems.
- Now, put your “stalks” in the pumpkin bread, scoop out some butter, and enjoy!
Make cinnamon butter
If you want to make cinnamon butter for your bread, here’s how to do it.
Have an electric mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment on hand. You will need a stick of softened unsalted butter, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup of honey, and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Now, add the butter in the bowl and beat for 30 seconds until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, honey, and cinnamon and mix for a couple of minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy. Let cool to room temperature before spreading on pumpkin bread.
Final thoughts: these pumpkin muffins make a great gift any time of year
You don’t have to wait until fall to eat muffins – better yet, pumpkin muffins! This adorable pumpkin-shaped bread goes well with soups, roasted vegetables, or any other hot meal. Or, you can make it to enjoy as a snack or even dessert if you make the cinnamon butter. We know they may look too cute to eat, but who can resist a plate full of hot muffins?
Your whole family will love this recipe, and you probably already have most of the ingredients lying around. This pumpkin sweet bread It will make you feel like it’s fall, even in summer! Bread enhances any meal and perfectly complements the comfort food of your choice. Also, this recipe contains healthy ingredients like pumpkin, squash, and coconut oil. Let us know how you like this adorable pumpkin bread!