Global companies have made a lot of funny pranks this April Fool’s Day, but instead of joining in on the pranks this year, T-Mobile is participating in a high-five with the launch of the #GiveThanksNotPranks hashtag movement.
Inspired by a study that found that those who witness even a single act of gratitude are more inspired to join in and express gratitude themselves, T-Mobile is donating $ 5 to classrooms every time its new hashtag is shared.
* touches 🎤 * Ah-hem. This is not a joke.
– T-Mobile (@TMobile) March 30, 2021
Through the nonprofit education crowdfunding site DonorsChoose, the company is helping hardworking and often under-resourced U.S. teachers purchase essential classroom supplies to support students, to help educators and teachers adjust to all the changes in learning during the pandemic.
Motorola, OnePlus, SanMar, Wattpad, Mattress Firm, Sleep.com, and Drone Racing League have already pledged their support to join the movement with T-Mobile.
They pause the jokes today Instead, donate to nonprofits and generate a wave of thanks through your social media channels with the hashtag #GiveThanksNotPranks.
TikTok is participating as well, bringing their community with a hashtag challenge.
So who is inside? You can join the movement by doing any of the following:
- Share: Customers and fans can thank anyone who went the extra mile by sharing stories on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with #GiveThanksNotPranks. T-Mobile will donate $ 5 to DonorsChoose for each post up to the campaign total of $ 500,000.
- Donate: T-Mobile will match individual donations made directly to your DonorsChoose campaign up to the campaign total of $ 500,000.
- Text: Customers and fans can donate $ 5 to DonorsChoose by texting THANK YOU to 50555.
SHARE the generosity: send this story to your friends …