Italian focaccia bread pairs well with soup or salad or it can be turned into a pizza! Many people even enjoy it as a snack or whole meal, depending on how much they earn.
No matter how you eat it, focaccia requires little preparation and is a delicious snack. In addition, this recipe offers you a way to prepare it at home that will be fun and easy.
So you can add any type of vegetables you want and even create beautiful works of art with your ingredients!
Italian Focaccia Bread with Vegetables
You will never buy focaccia bread again!
What kitchen utensils do you need:
- Medium mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Mixing spoon
- Another larger mixing bowl
- Tray or baking sheet
- Cutting board
- Medium deep oven safe skillet
- Saran’s coat
- Kitchen towel
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- A packet of active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Two teaspoons of sea salt
- Yellow pepper
- Red pepper
- Two white mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- Four cherry tomatoes
- Some sprigs of dill, parsley and thyme
- A couple of kalamata and green olives.
- A few slices of peeled zucchini
- Minced garlic
- Carrot in julienne
How to make delicious focaccia bread in your own kitchen
Making the dough
- First, grab your smaller mixing bowl and pour in the warm water, yeast, and honey. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and let it sit for 5-15 minutes until it becomes foamy.
- As it sits, take out the larger mixing bowl and pour in the all-purpose flour. Use your hands to push slightly to the sides, creating an area to pour the yeast.
- Pour in the mixture from step 1 and add the olive oil and sea salt. Use a spoon to combine the ingredients until a dough forms.
- Next, use your hands to scrape the flour off the sides of the bowl. Knead the dough into a small, flattened ball. Transfer to a cutting board or prep area.
- Next, sprinkle a little flour on the surface and knead the dough for about 5 minutes. Once you’ve made a ball out of the dough, take the large mixing bowl and grease it with olive oil.
- Use your hands to spread it out and place the dough on the bottom. Cover with saran wrap and let stand for an hour.
- Once the dough has risen, remove the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Spread the dough evenly on the sheet and let it rest for 30 minutes. Cover with a kitchen towel.
- Now repeat this process with about half of the ingredients you used for the first batch of bread. Spread the batter into the medium-sized deep skillet and set aside.
Preparation of toppings for focaccia bread
- You can choose the vegetables you want. But we give you some examples with this recipe.
- Take your cutting board and a sharp knife, slicing the yellow bell pepper widthwise. In other words, you should cut it horizontally, so that the slices resemble flowers.
- Cut a couple of white mushrooms and half a red onion.
- Repeat the process with red bell pepper and four cherry tomatoes, cutting the tomatoes in half.
- Peel a small zucchini, cutting the chips into thin slices. Repeat this with a long carrot.
- Grab a few sprigs of fresh dill, parsley, and thyme. Next, mince a clove of garlic to use as a topping for bread.
- When the dough is ready, drizzle it with olive oil. Lay some of the zucchini slices sideways toward the bottom.
- Place 4-5 slices of mushrooms on top of the zucchini and place parsley between the mushrooms. Make sure to leave the stems.
- Now, place some red and yellow pepper slices near the parsley.
- Put a handful of julienned carrots between the mushrooms and on top of the zucchini.
- Cut a couple of green olives in half and place the halves in the middle of the bell pepper slices.
- Sprinkle dill on the bottom of the batter next to the mushrooms. Remove the stems this time.
- Place some thyme leaves and red onion slices on top.
- Put kalamata olives in the middle of the red onions.
- Sprinkle some minced garlic on top of the Focaccia bread and drizzle with olive oil.
Bake the focaccia bread at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes.
- Now, take the dough that is in the smallest pan. Make small indentations and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place a few thyme leaves on the dough. Place the pepper on top of one of them.
- Line one of the leaves with the cherry tomato halves, placing the mushrooms on the bottom.
- Also, place some dill and parsley leaves near the bottom of the pan that surrounds the mushrooms.
- Create a butterfly using a couple of thin slices of mushrooms, red pepper, and carrots. To do this, place the mushrooms in the middle vertically, then place the bell pepper slices on each side. You will want to use the bottom of the red pepper for this. Then place a couple of julienned carrots on top for the antennae.
- Finally, sprinkle with minced garlic and olive oil, and bake for 20-30 minutes at 400F.
- Cut your beautiful masterpiece into squares.
There is something about home cooking that makes it taste better than restaurant meals. Whether it’s because of the love you put into it or the fresh ingredients, there is nothing like your own kitchen. Fortunately, this focaccia bread The recipe is easy to make and versatile. Therefore, you can choose the ingredients you want.
Some other delicious ingredients include grated cheese, pinions, pesto, sesame and caramelized onion. There are dozens more to choose from, so feel free to try a variety of healthy vegetables. In fact, once you try this focaccia bread even once, we guarantee you’ll want a few seconds!