Being grateful means appreciating the things or people in your life, as many quotes about gratitude explain. It also means showing a positive response when someone does something nice for you, helps you, or gives you something. Showing gratitude does not come naturally to everyone, and it is something that must be learned and practiced.
When it comes to your children, it is good to remember that appreciation is a learned trait. Children often do not understand things until they are explained and taught to them. So as you get inspired by these quotes about appreciation, you should share them with your kids too.
Sharing these quotes about appreciation with your children will help both of you remember them better. Also, it will give your kids a new perspective on appreciation, which can help them understand better.
The next time you or one of your children is struggling with being thankful, you can remind each other of these quotes about appreciation. They will give you inspiration and remind you of all the great things you already have in your life.
Fifteen Appreciation Quotes To Share With Your Kids
1. “It is not what you have in your pocket that makes you feel grateful, but what you have in your heart.” – Unknown
No matter what you have, you must have a grateful heart. Without a grateful heart, you will never be happy with what you have. However, with a grateful heart, you will be happy with whatever you have, even if it is not much.
2. “When you get up in the morning, give thanks for the food and the joy of living. If you don’t see any reason to thank, the fault is yours alone. “- Tecumseh
There is always something in your life to be thankful for. The food you have and the blessing of waking up each day are enough.
If you cannot be grateful, remember that it is for your heart and mind. Nobody and nothing else can make you happy or grateful, because it totally depends on you.
3. “This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before. “- Maya Angelou
Every new day is a blessing as Angelou Points out. It’s an opportunity to start over, and it’s a clean slate for a better day to come.
If you can think this way when you wake up, gratitude won’t be a problem. Share this quote with your kids so they know that something as simple as a new day is worthy of gratitude.
4. “For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart every time I get to meet someone and look at their smile. “- Elie Wiesel
Every moment of your life is a blessing. So be grateful for every smile you receive from a friend, loved one, or stranger. You will learn to have a grateful heart if you do this, and you will always have a reason to be happy.
5. “Silent gratitude is of little use to anyone.” – Gertrude Stein
If you are grateful for someone or something, you should show or tell them. If you keep it to yourself, no one will know that you are grateful. Make sure to always show appreciation and gratitude.
6. “It’s a fun thing in life, once you start to take note of the things you are grateful for, you start to lose sight of the things you are missing.” – Germany Kent
When you feel your mind and your heart with things you are grateful for, your life will change. You will no longer obsess over the things you don’t have.
As the day progresses, take a look at all the wonderful things in your life. Plus, if you teach this to your kids too, you can work together to point out things to be thankful for.
7. “Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are options. “- Robert Braathe
You can be grateful and have a positive attitude no matter what you find. These are not problems to overcome, since Braathe explains, but instead, they are options. If you just choose to show gratitude, it will happen.
8. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – John F. Kennedy
Telling and showing people when you are grateful for them is essential. Make sure to always make time in your day to thank people so they know how much they mean to you. They will feel good about it and so will you.
9. “Be grateful for what you have, you will end up having more. If you focus on what you don’t have, you will never have enough. “- Oprah Winfrey
When you are grateful for what you already have, it will appear that you earn more. Every day, you will find something new to be thankful for when you live this way.
On the other hand, if you always focus on what you don’t have, you will never feel satisfied. The sooner you discover this secret of life, the easier it will be to live with a grateful heart. Be sure to share this quote on appreciation with your kids so they can get started right away.
10. “Thank you for this day, for all the birds safe in their nests, for whatever it is, for life.” – Barbara Kingsolver
You can be grateful for any part of your day, even the seemingly normal and simple things. From birds and other animals, to just having a new day to look forward to, you can find something. Teach your children to find little things to show gratitude for.
11. “The heart that gives thanks is happy, because we cannot feel grateful and unhappy at the same time.” – Douglas wood
Without being grateful for what you have, you will never be happy. However, if you choose to have a grateful heart, you will live happily. As Wood explains, you won’t be unhappy if you are grateful.
12. “Piglet noticed that although he had a very small heart, he could contain a great deal of gratitude.” – AA Milne
This is one of the best appreciation quotes to share with your kids because it comes from a children book. No matter how small you feel, you can have as much appreciation as anyone else. If you can stop feeling lacking, you will see how much you have.
13. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the greatest gratitude is not speaking words, but living by them.” – John F. Kennedy
Simply saying that you are grateful is not enough. You also have to act on that gratitude and show people that you are grateful. Spend time with them, do nice things, and show them how you feel.
14. “Do not be carried away by dreams of having what you do not have, but calculate the greatest of the blessings you have, and then remember with gratitude how you would long for them if they were not yours.” – Marcus Aurelius
If you find yourself wanting things you don’t have, change your thought process. Instead, think about the things you have, like the roof over your head, the food you eat, or the people in your life. Then imagine your life without these things.
When you do this, you will see how many wonderful things you have in your life. It will give you a whole new perspective. The things you hate not having are the things you should be most grateful for.
15. “It is not so much what we have in this life that matters. It is what we do with what we have ”. – Fred Rogers
As Mr. Rogers explain, no matter how much or what you have. If you can use what you have and make the most of it, you will be happy. Focus only on what you have and you will never need more.
Being grateful is an important quality to have and an important quality to teach your children. It will lead you to live a happier life and will prevent you from constantly feeling that you are missing something. You will learn to appreciate what you already have.
When you teach this quality to your children, you will help them grow with a grateful mind. Also, it will prevent them from getting sad or envious when they see other children with things that they do not have. It will also help prevent tantrums and whining when you have to say “no.”
These quotes about appreciation are great to share with your children. It will help them understand what it means to be grateful and why it is important. These quotes about gratitude will also help you remember to always be grateful.