Caterina Patimo, a mechanical engineer from Italy, rediscovered her spirituality through yoga. Powerful practice can transform your body and mind, allowing you to get in touch with your higher self. In fact, the whole purpose of yoga is to unite your soul with the universal consciousness that governs all life. After starting her own practice, Caterina’s life totally changed direction and her inner world blossomed. This is his story.
“I am a lion yoga teacher and I also have my own yoga studio, Yukta Yoga Studio, located in Molfetta, southern Italy,” said Caterina. “Yoga gave me all of this and it also awakened my silent spirituality.”
The lion’s breath pose, or simhasana in Sanskrit, is a breathing technique commonly incorporated in yoga practices. This pranayama breathing exercise helps flush out toxins, relieve stress, and get energy flowing through your throat and upper chest. It is related to the fifth chakra or throat chakra. If you are having trouble speaking your mind or communicating in general, you may have a block throat chakra.
This breathing technique can help you connect with your genuine thoughts and emotions and clear any blocks here.
To perform this breathing technique, follow the steps below:
1. Sit cross-legged or in the lotus position, if you can do it comfortably.
2. Lean forward slightly, placing your hands on the floor beside you.
3. Spread your fingers as wide as possible.
4. Inhale deeply through your nose.
5. As you exhale, open your mouth wide, stick out your tongue and stretch it out as far as possible across your chin.
6. Exhale forcefully, bringing your breath to the back of your tongue.
7. As you exhale, make a “ha” sound that comes deep from your abdomen.
8. Then breathe normally for a few minutes.
9. Repeat the lion’s breath 3-5 times.
10. Then breathe deeply for a few minutes after your practice.
How yoga has changed Caterina’s life for the better
“My greatest reward is reading the peace and joy on other people’s faces: my friends, my loved ones, my students, my followers,” said Caterina. “His love and sense of self-fulfillment fill my heart.”
After gaining peace and connection with her own practice, Caterina wanted to share this joy with others. Despite being a busy mother with two children and working as a mechanical engineer, she also became an entrepreneur. However, he does not mind the full schedule because he knows yoga can heal the soul.
In addition to owning her own studio, Caterina also started a website for people to take yoga classes online. Called TES yoga, short for The Exit Strategy, the site offers yoga practices, breathing techniques, and more. She explains the benefits of starting a practice in addition to giving a foundation on yoga. Subscribers can also get access to live group classes, individual classes, challenges, and even a personalized program.
You can also learn meditation, concentration, and relaxation techniques through their website. Yoga doesn’t just relieve pent-up stress and tense energy, but it helps you unlock deeper layers of self.
“Yoga brings together all the layers of the human being and connects the individual self with a universal one.”
Caterina says on her website: “Yoga will bring clarity and tranquility to your mind, strength and flexibility to your body. You will find your purpose and enthusiasm in life.
It is never too late or too early to love yourself. Invest your time in yourself, in your well-being, your health and your happiness. Remember, you cannot serve from an empty cup!
You need your body and your willingness to go on a journey of self-exploration and self-discovery, the most incredible journey you have ever taken. Everything at your own pace, without haste, without pressure. “
In fact, studies have found that yoga can offer abundant benefits for the mind, body, and soul. In the western world, many people begin their practice to relieve stress. However, the impact of yoga goes far beyond the mind.
Benefits of a regular yoga practice
- Build muscle strength. Studies have shown that stretching muscles helps relieve tension and build muscle tissue. Yoga can also reduce low back pain and arthritis due to increased muscle mass.
- Protect your spine. Yoga not only stretches the entire body, it also protects the back from injury. Due to our increasingly sedentary lifestyle, many people have a lot of stress on their back. Yoga can help relieve this tension through proper spinal movement.
- Improve posture. The spinal cord helps support the entire body, so when it becomes misaligned, our posture suffers. Yoga improves posture by keeping the spine straight in all movements and postures.
- Increase flexibility. Even if you’ve never done yoga before, you can always start with beginner poses. As you practice more, you will notice that your body becomes more flexible and “flexible.” Since yoga stretches the muscles and relieves tension, it releases energy and makes the body less stiff.
- Relax your mind. A large part of yoga involves correct breathing, which consequently relaxes the mind. Most of us breathe fast and shallow, which makes us anxious. However, a regular yoga practice instills calm and security, making our mind more balanced and focused.
Final thoughts: yoga can “reset” your whole life from the inside out
As Caterina showed us, yoga offers many incredible benefits, the most important of which is the ability to unite our soul with Spirit. By practicing breathing techniques and specific poses, the stagnant energy flows again and purifies our minds and bodies. When Caterina started her practice, she quickly realized how much better she felt. He wanted to share his experience and knowledge with others by opening his own yoga studio and website.
We hope her story inspires you to start your own practice or at least try some poses. Yoga and meditation can dramatically improve your physical and mental health, as Caterina warns of her own students. If you want to get started, you can visit their website or search YouTube for many free videos.
“Yoga is not about touching your toes; it’s what you learn on the way down. “- Jigar Gor