Blueberry Raspberry Crumble Bars are the perfect refreshing summer treat. While they are a dessert, of course, they are light and airy enough to be enjoyed without guilt! This recipe will be enough for a family, but we will not judge whether you decide to eat the whole pan. These delicious crumble bars have the perfect ratio of sweetness and acidity, taking your palate on an exciting culinary adventure.
You probably have many of the basic baking ingredients stored somewhere in your cupboards. Otherwise you just need a quick trip to the store to pick up what you will need. So, let’s get down to the good stuff! We will share our secret to do the best blueberry raspberry crumbly bars you’ll never taste.
How to Make Blueberry Raspberry Crumble Bars
Kitchen appliances you will need:
- Large mixing bowl (as usual)
- Smaller bowl
- Big spoon
- Large baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Big pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rolling pin or cup of coffee
Ingredients for the top and bottom layer of crumbs:
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 spoon of vanilla
Ingredients for the blueberry and raspberry filling:
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 7/12 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Fresh raspberries and blueberries
Instructions for making the crumb layers:
- You already know the exercise of these recipes, right? We think so! Keep your large mixing bowl handy. Pour in the oats, all-purpose flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Beat the ingredients until completely combined. Next, pour in the coconut oil and vanilla, using the large spoon to mix them with the oatmeal.
- Once they are completely combined, use your hand to mix the ingredients further. The texture should resemble crumbled oatmeal.
- Now, take your baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper. Pour 2/3 of the mixture into the pan and save the rest for later.
- Use your hand to spread the mixture evenly across the pan, pressing firmly along the edges. Next, use a coffee cup or rolling pin to roll up the oatmeal. This ensures that they will bake evenly and won’t fall apart.
Instructions for making the blueberry and raspberry fillings:
- Set it aside and take out your pot. Pour in the frozen raspberries and turn the heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally.
- Once they come to a slight boil, add 1/4 of the brown sugar and mix.
- Next, mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. When the raspberries have cooked to a slightly lumpy, sauce-like texture, remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, pour the frozen blueberries. Mix the remaining 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and cornstarch. Use a small spoon to mix the ingredients, mashing the blueberries in the process.
Putting it all together:
- So now that you have your two fillings for the Blueberry Raspberry Crumb Bars, cut half of the crumb layer with your knife.
- Next, take a piece of aluminum foil and fold it lengthwise. Use this to separate the blueberry and raspberry fillings where you made the cut in half.
- Now, pour the raspberry filling on one side of the pan. Take a bowl of fresh raspberries and spread them evenly throughout the filling. This will add some texture to the crumbling bars.
- Repeat this step with the blueberry filling on the other side. Place fresh blueberries on top of the filling, about three per row. If you want to be exact, we used about 18 blueberries in all.
- Finally, sprinkle the rest of the oatmeal mixture on the raspberry and blueberry fillings. Pat it with your hand, then bake the crumbly bars at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Now, remove the parchment paper and aluminum foil. Cut the bars along each side, then make three cuts across. You should end up with 8 crumbly bars of each filling.
We hope you enjoy these delicious crumble bars! They are sticky, crunchy, sweet and tart at the same time, giving them the perfect texture and flavor.
Some more tips:
To make sure your bars look amazing, here are a few additional pro tips we meet on the way:
- Want an extra crunchy crust and dressing? Add about 1 / 2-1 cup of butter to the recipe! You’ll want to make sure it’s softened first, so it’s easier to mix. Not only will adding the butter provide more texture, but it will also give the crumble bars a richer flavor.
- If you are a big fan of berries, feel free to add other types of berries like blackberries or strawberries!
- Chill the bars for 30 minutes to an hour before cutting. It will make the slices much cleaner and easier to cut.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top! (You can also eat them for breakfast, as they have fruit, but in this case, you may want to opt out of the ice cream.)
- Freeze or store in the refrigerator if you have leftovers. Note that the crumbly texture will not hold as well in the freezer. However, the crumble bars will still taste amazing!
Final thoughts on these unbelievably delicious Blueberry Raspberry Crumble Bars.
If you’re drooling after reading this recipe, we don’t blame you. Maybe it will give you more motivation to get into the kitchen and start baking! It doesn’t seem very attractive to stand in front of a hot oven on hot summer days. However, these bars will help cool you down with the refreshing berry coating, so it’s worth the effort in our opinion.
There are many variations of crumble bars, but none are as invigorating as these berry crumble bars. Desserts get a bad rap these days because they are generally heavy and filling, but this recipe is just the opposite. Ready to try them out for yourself? We think so!