How to Make Apple Bread Topped with Cinnamon Butter
If you’ve never had apple bread before, a real treat awaits you. Spread with a rich, creamy cinnamon butter, this bread will practically melt in your mouth! The strong and warm flavor of cinnamon mixed with the sweetness of apple makes the perfect combination. Combined with the thick, fluffy bread, this recipe will win the approval of your taste buds.
apple bread it is believed to have originated in France in the 1860s. Since it only required apples, flour, and yeast, its simplicity and affordability made it quite famous. While this recipe requires a few more ingredients, it still doesn’t require too many steps. It would help if you had a little effort to knead the dough and maybe a little patience.
Without further ado, we will tell you how to make it at home Apple bread with a delicious cinnamon butter spread.
How to make apple bread topped with cinnamon butter
What you will need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Two smaller bowls
- Large wooden or silicone spoon
- Plastic wrap
- Cutting board
- Baking dish
- Paper towel
- Hand blender
Ingredients for apple bread:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cup cold water
- Three medium apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
Ingredients for the cinnamon butter:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions for apple bread:
- Pour the flour, yeast, salt, and cold water into the mixing bowl. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Use your hand to scrape the flour off the sides and begin to knead the dough. Continue kneading until you have formed a ball and cover the bowl with saran wrap.
- Let stand for 8 hours at room temperature.
- Once the dough has risen, grab a cutting board and peel three medium-sized red apples to remove the skin.
- Next, cut the apples in half, then make two cuts lengthwise to remove the core from each.
- Finally, cut the slices into cubes.
- Once done, transfer the cubed apples to a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the apples with brown sugar and cinnamon, and use a spoon to coat the fruit well.
- Next, transfer the apples to the bowl with the batter and use your hand to mix them.
- After kneading the apples into the dough, drizzle the olive oil in a baking dish. Use the paper towel to coat the pan evenly.
- Then transfer the dough to the plate. Cover the plate or pan with a lid for two hours to bring the dough to room temperature.
- Once this is done, place the bread in a cold oven with the lid still on. Set it to 425 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes.
- Then remove the lid and bake for another 15 minutes.
Instructions for the cinnamon butter:
- In a small bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Use a hand mixer to mix it all together for a nice, creamy texture.
- Transfer the butter to a saran wrap sheet and wrap tightly.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour before using.
Cut a slice of apple bread and spread it with as much cinnamon butter as you like. Enjoy!
Tips for making the best homemade apple bread
- Make sure to peel the apples before placing them in the batter. If you skip this step, the skin will separate from the apples while baking. This creates pockets of air and a chewy, unappetizing texture. You can use an apple peeler to make this step easier.
- Opt for sour, crisp apples over sweet ones. Red or granny smith apples are a good choice; Fuji or Gala apples will make the bread too sweet.
- Make sure your bread is not underbaked as the center will be sticky and mushy. Put a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean, your bread is cooked. If the toothpick has bread in it, bake for 10 more minutes.
Other coverage options
If you want something a little more interesting than butter, we’ve got you covered. If you want more bread for dessert, frosting or frosting is the perfect topping.
- Vanilla frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream, and a teaspoon of vanilla. Once the bread has cooled completely, pour over the top. Keep in mind that two tablespoons of cream will produce a thicker frosting, while one tablespoon will make it thinner.
- Glazed cream cheese: Place ½ cup (1 stick) of room temperature unsalted butter in a mixer. Add 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 4 cups of powdered sugar. Blend until smooth. Spread the glaze on the bread after allowing it to cool.
- Cinnamon sugar: Place ¼ cup of sugar and a tablespoon of cinnamon in a bowl, stirring with a spoon to combine. Sprinkle the mixture over the bread before baking.
Note that you can still make the cinnamon butter if you choose the cinnamon sugar topping. It may be cinnamon overload, but if you’re a cinnamon lover, go for it! We loved the cinnamon butter, but the other toppings taste just as delicious. This recipe pairs well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you’re in the mood for a little more sweetness.
Final Thoughts: This Cinnamon Butter Topped Apple Bread is just perfect
If you’ve never done apple bread sooner, you will be hooked once you try this recipe. Cinnamon and apples go together like peanut butter and jelly, and people have used them together in recipes for centuries. This apple bread is no different as you will find that sweet apples are the perfect addition to the warmth of cinnamon.
Bake this bread for breakfast or as a sweet dessert. No matter when you have it, this bread will add a touch of comfort and warmth to your day.