These twenty inspirational quotes can help lift your spirits on your darkest days.
Chronic depression is a serious problem around the world. In fact, it impacts approximately 17.3 million adults only in the United States. If you are not one of those who suffer from depression, chances are that someone close to you does. These inspirational quotes to help alleviate chronic depression can ease the negative feelings that accompany it.
When you fight depression, some days are much worse than others. There will be days when you won’t even feel like getting out of bed, let alone living your life. Fortunately, many resources are available to help you, and these inspirational quotes are one of them.
Inspirational quotes to help alleviate chronic depression
Use these inspirational quotes to help you get out of your depression so that you can live your life again. If someone you know is suffering from depression, share these inspiring quotes with them too.
1. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
While you never want to experience these situations and feelings, try to stay positive. Remember that many excellent and successful people in the world have been through it before. They got on and on, and you can too.
2. “You are not your disease. You have an individual story to tell. You have a name, a story, a personality. Staying is part of the battle. “- Julian Seifter
While you may have been diagnosed with chronic depression, it does not define who you are. You are still the same person with the same story and personality, so make sure you stay true to yourself. Don’t get lost in an attempt to overcome illness, but accept the things that make you unique.
3. “Forget the mistakes of the past. Forget about failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now, and do it. “- William Durant
We all make mistakes, but you have to forgive yourself and forget about them. Forget about all the things that stop you or make you doubt yourself. If you can put those things aside, it will be easier for you to ease chronic depression.
4. “If you want light to enter your life, you must stand where it is shining.” – Guy Finley
Look for things that make you feel good and happy. Find what makes you feel better and a little brighter, and then focus on that. If you want to feel better and ease your depression, you must find the things that inspire or comfort you.
5. “If you don’t think your anxiety, depression, sadness, and stress are affecting your physical health, think again. All of these emotions trigger chemical reactions in your body, which can lead to inflammation and a weakened immune system. Learn to cope, sweet friend. There will always be dark days. “- Kris Carr
All of these negative emotions can also affect your physical health. This gives you an even greater reason to work on relieving your chronic depression. Find ways to cope, even on the toughest days, so you can lead a healthy life.
6. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
If you think life is worth living, you will notice that the depression goes away a bit. Try to use positive affirmations for depression to reaffirm your belief. By saying the words out loud to yourself, you are more likely to believe and live them.
7. “Never mistake a single loss for a final loss.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Just because you’ve been defeated once doesn’t mean it’s all over. You can be defeated and move on, and you must strive to do so.
If you can accept defeat and keep trying anyway, you will find that your depression goes away. Don’t let your mental health hold you back and make you feel like you can’t do more or keep trying.
8. “Sometimes life will kick you in, but sooner or later you will realize that you are not just a survivor. You are a warrior and you are stronger than anything life throws at you. “- Brooke Davis
As you endure all the difficulties and obstacles in life, you will become a survivor. You have survived everything so far and have grown stronger with each step.
9. “Depression, suffering and anger are part of being human.” – Janet Fitch
You are not weird or broke by being depressed. These emotions are part of being human and everyone has their own mental problems to deal with. Keep moving forward and don’t make yourself difficult because of your situation.
10. “On particularly tough days when I’m sure I can’t take it, I like to remind myself that my track record of getting through bad days so far is 100%, and that’s pretty good.” – A stranger
You have overcome all the difficulties, obstacles and bad days of the past. Remember you got through it all those times, and you will too. Remember this inspirational quote whenever you feel like you can’t go on, and you will remember why you can.
Every day is a new opportunity to try again. Don’t worry or obsess over what happened yesterday or any other day in the past. Focus on today and you will find that your depression is much easier to overcome and manage.
12. “The only cure I have known for fear, doubt and loneliness is an immense love for myself.” – Alison Malee
Depression can cause all these negative feelings that Malee describes. However, if you can love yourself, you can ward off feelings of depression, fear, doubt, and loneliness. Always practice self-love and see where it takes you.
13. “Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got to where he is had to start where he was. “- Richard L. Evans
Life will get you down sometimes, but don’t let it put you off. All the successful and happy people in the world also struggled to get where they are.
14. “You say you are ‘depressed’, all I see is resistance. It allows you to feel messy and upside down. It doesn’t mean you’re flawed, it just means you’re human. “- David Mitchell
Instead of saying that you are depressed, try saying that you are resistant. Intense emotions happen, as do mental health conditions, but you are allowed to feel depressed. There is nothing wrong with it, despite everything you’ve heard, because being human is difficult.
As you fight your depression, remember how resilient you are. No one can get out of life unscathed and everyone has different issues to deal with. Give yourself credit for moving on and living life even as you work to alleviate your depression.
15. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. “- Christian D. Larson
When you can believe in yourself, you can do anything you put your mind to, including alleviating chronic depression. You are stronger and more resistant than anything that comes your way.
16. “I’m not thankful for the depression, but it honestly made me work harder and gave me the drive I have to be successful and make it work.” – Lili Reinhart
While depression is never a good thing, you can find positivity in your situation as Reinhart made. Your depression may push you to work harder, be determined, and stay focused as you achieve your goals. Use it as a tool to motivate yourself rather than letting it hold you back.
17. “Begin by doing what is necessary; then do what is possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. “- Saint Francis of Assisi
You can apply this inspirational quote to many cases in life, including relief from chronic depression. When you are depressed, you are likely to experience a lack of motivation or a belief that you cannot do anything. However, to alleviate depression, you must find a way to get started and move forward in life.
As you progress, you will notice that the intense feelings of depression ease a little more all the time. Start with the things that require immediate attention, and then you will find that you can do even more. Please don’t overdo it, but go a little further each time you accomplish something, no matter how small.
18. “Stay busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy. “- Matt Lucas
When it seems like your depression is taking over, find something to do. Staying busy is one of the best ways to alleviate chronic depression because you will be busy. Instead, your mind and body will focus on something else.
19. “Accept challenges, so you can feel the joy of victory.” – George S. Patton
With depression, you may not feel like doing anything, much less challenging. Fight the urge to decline challenges. The feeling that comes from completing a challenge will surely ease your depression.
20. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you. “- Dan Millman
When you have negative passages, try to push them away and focus on positive thinking. If that doesn’t work, decide not to let your thoughts control you. Be your voice of reason and tell yourself that life is worth much more than your negative thoughts.
Final Thoughts on Inspirational Quotes to Help Ease Chronic Depression
You cannot allow chronic depression to control your life. Finding a way to ease feelings is essential if you want to keep moving forward and achieve your goals.
If it seems like there is no way to overcome your depression, remember these inspiring quotes. They will help you remember that you are not alone in this and that you can get through it.