It can be hard to accept yourself for who you are, but you can make it happen with a little help from body positive dating. With self-acceptance, you can have more confidence and self-assurance. You will feel better both inside and out, and you will know your worth and your self-esteem.
They all look different, but that’s a beautiful thing. It makes you unique, and the different things about you are what make you special. Without those qualities, you wouldn’t be who you are.
20 positive phrases for the body that will help you accept yourself as you are
Learn to love yourself and accept yourself as you are right now. If you find yourself struggling, these body positive dating can help.
The way you look does not determine if you are beautiful. Your thoughts and feelings about yourself are what will make you feel your true beauty. Learn to accept yourself and I love your body and appearance as is now.
2. “How I feel about myself is more important than my appearance. Feeling safe, feeling comfortable in your skin, that’s what really makes you beautiful. “- Bobbi Brown
If you feel good about yourself, you will feel safe and comfortable even with your flaws. Recognize that everyone looks different and that everyone has blemishes. Then choose to see your beauty independently of anything else.
3. “If we condition self-love or body acceptance, the truth is that we will never be happy with ourselves. The reality is that our bodies are constantly changing and will never stay exactly the same. If we base our self-esteem on something as changeable as our body, we will forever be on the emotional roller coaster of body obsession and shame. “- Chrissy King
You cannot fear body changes, or you will start to hate your body all the time. Your body is constantly changing, so you must learn to love it at all stages. If you can accept yourself as you are, you will handle these changes gracefully.
4. “Being yourself in a world that constantly tries to turn you into something else is the greatest achievement.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Never change who you are to please others. Be yourself no matter what, and you will love the person you are. Accepting yourself is easier when you are true to yourself.
5. “He’s been criticizing himself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try to approve yourself and see what happens. “- Louise L. Hay
Self-criticism will get you nowhere, as past cases have likely shown you. If that kind of behavior doesn’t work, then there is no reason to do it, and it will only make you more depressed. Instead, turn those negative thoughts about yourself into approving thoughts and you’ll notice the difference.
6. “What makes you different or weird, that is your strength.” – Meryl Streep
Don’t see its unique features as flaws. Instead, acknowledge them as what sets you apart from the crowd. Those things will make you memorable, so anything that makes you different is a strength.
7. “Your words have a lot of power. Every day if you say to yourself ‘I love you’, if you give yourself a word of validation, you will change your mind. “- Ashley Graham
Saying positive things to yourself can completely change the way you think. It will help you accept yourself as you are and you will quickly notice the difference.
8. “Wanting to be someone else is wasting the person you are.” – Kurt Cobain
You are the person that you are supposed to be, which means that you are unique and special. There will be differences between you and everyone around you, but that’s okay. Embrace what makes you the person you are instead of wasting your precious time wishing for something else.
9. “You are not a mistake. You are not a problem to be solved. But you won’t find out about this until you’re willing to stop banging your head against the wall from embarrassing yourself, caging yourself, and being afraid of yourself. “- Geneen Roth
Don’t be embarrassed or hold back on this type of negative thinking. You are valuable and worthy, and you are not a problem. Remember these words from Roth to help you accept yourself.
10. “I’ve made peace with the fact that the things that I thought were weaknesses or flaws were just me. I like them. “- Sandra Bullock
Often times, the things you dislike the most about yourself are the things that make you special. Don’t do this to yourself because everyone is unique, including you. You are not the same as others, but that does not mean that your differences are weaknesses.
11. “Illuminate your most amazing qualities. We tend to focus on the negative aspects of ourselves and forget all the greatness that we have within. “- Harnaam Kaur
Don’t focus on the aspects of yourself that you feel are imperfect. Instead, focus on all the good things about yourself to bring out the wonderful person you are.
12. “By talking about ourselves in a positive and affirmative way and by finding ways to eradicate self-hatred, we can foster a sense of love and compassion powerful enough to restructure our entire perspective of our society from ‘love to Body'”.
If you find yourself thinking negatively about yourself, remember this positive quote about the body. It will remind you to love yourself and show compassion. In turn, you can accept yourself as you are right now.
13. “Being beautiful means being yourself. It is not necessary for others to accept you. You need to accept yourself. “- Thich Nhat Hanh
By being yourself, you really accept yourself. Accepting yourself and staying true to yourself facilitates body positivity. So you can feel good knowing that the only opinion of you that matters is yours.
14. “Being a healthy woman is not about getting on a scale or measuring your waist. We have to start focusing on what matters: how we feel and how we feel about ourselves. “- Michelle Obama
Weighing yourself or downsizing your pants will not ensure your health, as Obama Explain. Health goes beyond your appearance because it depends on how you feel mentally and how you feel about yourself.
15. “No amount of self-improvement can make up for a lack of self-acceptance.” – Robert Holden
You can fix all the things that you think are wrong with you, and you may not like your appearance yet. That’s because self-acceptance depends only on how you think and how you feel about yourself. Learn to love yourself and the way you are now, and everything else will work out.
16. “When we are awake in our bodies and senses, the world comes to life. Wisdom, creativity and love are discovered when we relax and wake up through our body. “- Tara Brach
By accepting yourself as you are right now, you allow the world to come alive, as Broke Explain. Allow your wisdom, creativity, and love to flow through you in this way.
17. “Since I don’t look like any other girl, it takes a while to agree to that. To be different. But different is good. “- Serena Williams
This body positive quote can work for anyone, not just girls. When you look different, it can be difficult to accept. However, they all look different and it’s a good thing because it makes you the person that you are.
18. “It is also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that is sitting here right now … with its pains and its pleasures … is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.” . – Pema Chodron
Your body is what gives you the life you have now. It sustains you, makes you feel alive, and allows you to stay awake. Without your body, these things would not happen, so be sure to appreciate the body that you have been given.
19. “Being cruel to your body at a given moment will not change your body at that moment. It will change the way you feel about your body. You can interact with your body differently. You can choose your body back. Regardless of how easy or difficult it is to live there. “- Anna Sweeney
When you’re not kind to your body, all it does is make you feel worse. Instead, try to be kind to your body and have good thoughts about yourself. You can choose to love yourself and accept your body as it is now.
20. “Everyone has a part of their body that they don’t like, but I stopped complaining about mine because I don’t want to criticize the work of nature… My job is simply to allow the light to shine from the masterpiece. “- Alfre Woodard
Everyone has insecurities, but those are things that should have been a part of you. Nature intends for you to be the way you are, so accept it and let the light shine.
As you go through life, don’t let negative self-talk get you down. Body negativity will not help you feel better and it will not change your appearance either, as these body positive quotes explain.
Instead, learn to accept yourself as you are right now, because your unique qualities are what make you special. With self-love, you will not be stressed about your appearance because you have already accepted yourself. If you find yourself struggling, remember your favorite positive quotes about the body that you read here.