While change is a normal part of life, it can still be scary. When you feel comfortable or get used to your life being a certain way, you may develop a fear of change. This fear can stop you or prevent you from reaching your goals if you let it.
It would be better if you worked to overcome your fear of change so that you could embrace life. Even if it seems negative at the time, each change brings you new opportunities and experiences. You also learn and grow when things changee, helping you become a better version of yourself.
As you face a change in your life, be sure to work to overcome fear. Put your negative thoughts aside and remember that it is okay not to know what is coming. Think of it as an exciting journey and stay open to all the news that follows.
Fifteen quotes to help you overcome your fear of change
To help you overcome your fear, read these wise quotes written by those who have been through it before. They will give you a useful idea of how to accept and embrace change. Also, good quotes serve as proof that good things can come from change.
1. “At the precipice of any great change, we can see with terrifying clarity the familiar firm foundation that we can lose, but we fill the abyss of the unknown before us with fear of potential loss rather than joy over potential gain of joys and rewards that we cannot imagine because we have not experienced them yet. “- Maria Popova
Change is scary, but only because it is unknown. You never know what to expect when things get unfamiliar. Try to push those negative thoughts away and instead focus on the things you can win.
When things change, you have new opportunities and experiences. Be open to these things and make it a joyous experience as you realize that change doesn’t have to be wrong.
2. “People will try to tell you that all the great opportunities have been taken. In reality, the world changes every second, generating new opportunities in all directions, including yours. “- Ken Hakuta
No matter what, there are more opportunities out there. Don’t let anyone scare you by telling you there aren’t any. Since things are constantly changing, new opportunities still open up.
So, as your life changes, remember that there are many opportunities for you. Stay open to any possibilities and you will soon start to notice them.
3. “Life is about change. Sometimes it is painful. Sometimes it is beautiful. But most of the time, it’s both. “- Lana Lang
Change is inevitable and sometimes not pleasant. It may hurt sometimes, but it’s still beautiful. Embrace change and look for the positives as you get used to the newness in your life.
4. “When you accept change, you will begin to see it as an opportunity for growth.” – Jack Canfield
As things change, you will learn and grow. Embrace change and look for the learning opportunities it presents so you can improve. When you do this, you will no longer let your fear of change stop you.
5. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we are not really living. “- Anatole France
What France explain, you must change if you want to grow. Growth is part of life and you will not live fully unless you accept it. Take away your fear of change so that you are excited about the growth to come.
6. “Your life does not improve by chance; it gets better with change. “- Jim Rohn
You cannot expect your life to improve if you do nothing. Making a change is essential for growth and success. To achieve your goals and live a fulfilling life, learn to appreciate the difference.
7. “Change is not something we should fear. Rather, it is something that we should welcome. Because without change, nothing in this world would grow or flourish and no one in this world would move forward to become the person they should be. “- BKS Iyengar
The change is not as scary as you think. With change comes new changes and opportunities, and it helps you become the person you are supposed to be. Remember these words to help you overcome your fear the next time you are faced with a change.
8. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new” – Socrates
Resisting change will not help you overcome fear and it will not help you move forward positively. Stop focusing on the things you can’t change instead of focusing on building a happy and fulfilling present and future.
9. “I have learned that fear limits you and your vision. It serves as blinders for what may be just a few steps down the road for you. The journey is worthwhile, but believing in your talents, abilities, and self-worth can help you walk an even brighter path. Transform fear into freedom, how big is that? – Soledad O’Brien
Your fear of change limits you and does not allow you to see what your life could be like. As you resist change, you may be missing out on many satisfying opportunities or experiences. Instead, believe in yourself and believe that you can approach change in a positive way.
10. “You have done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, and unstoppable determination. “- Ralph Marston
Think of other times in your life when things have changed. You went through those situations and things turned out well. Remember as you face change again.
If you remember that you have overcome everything in the past, you can overcome your fear. Try to put the negative thoughts surrounding the change out of your mind. Instead, focus on the positives and the happiness you’ll find.
11. “We cannot become what we want if we continue to be what we are.” – Max De Pree
You likely have goals in life that you haven’t reached yet. If you want to achieve them, you must make a change that will make all your dreams possible. Don’t let your fear stop you from reaching your full potential and living the life you want.
12. “The only way to make sense of change is to immerse yourself in it, move with it, and join in the dance.” – Alan Watts
The change will not make sense until you start to experience it. The longer you wait, the longer you will face the unknown. Find out what’s happening by diving in and seeing the good things that change has brought.
The only way to overcome your fear of change is to do the Watts says and join. Start learning and growing as new things happen and your fear will be overcome.
13. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
You cannot advance or improve if things do not change. To progress in life or reach your goals, you must be open and accept change. Try not to think of evolution as a bad thing because it is necessary to move forward.
14. “May your choices reflect your hopes. Not your fears. “- Nelson Mandela
Think about the things you expect and then make your choices based on that. If you make your decisions based on your fear of change, then something in your life will never progress. Accept change because it is the only way to improve and live a fuller life.
15. “Entering a completely new path is difficult, but no more difficult than staying in a situation that does not nurture all women.” – Maya Angelou
Change is scary because it is unknown. It can be difficult to step out of your comfort zone and try something new, but sometimes it is necessary. Don’t stay in a situation that makes you unhappy or negative simply because you fear change.
Going through change can be challenging and uncomfortable, but it can be done in a positive way. Drive away negative thoughts that tell you the difference is bad. Instead, start thinking about the good things that change can bring to your life.
Even when you think the change you are going through is bad, there is still something good. Look for positivity in all situations and accept the little things that bring joy. By doing this, you will begin to accept change, making your life easier and happier.
Return to these wise quotes to help you overcome your fear of change anytime you need it. Print them out and keep them handy in case you need a bit of encouragement during the day. You don’t have to be afraid change, and remember that it is key to overcome your fear.