Positivity is essential to being happy, although that fact may not always be obvious. It’s not always easy to be positive, but you can make it a habit by practicing it. These quotes about being happy explain why being positive is so important, helping you correct your thinking during difficult times.
These quotes about being happy will remind you to check your thoughts frequently and correct them when necessary. After a while, the positivity will become natural for you, which will only make you happier.
When you are happy, you will be more successful, have better relationships, and be healthier. There is no downside to being happy and you can do it quickly if put your mind on it. Use these quotes about being happy to explain the importance of being positive to help you achieve the right mindset.
Fifteen quotes about being happy
1. “If being happy is important to you, try this: instead of regretting everything you lack, celebrate everything you have.” – Brian Vaszily
Don’t think negatively about the things you don’t have and don’t waste your time longing for them. Instead, celebrate what you already have because it’s enough. When you live this way and rejoice in the things you have, you will find that happiness soon follows.
2. “It is not what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about. “- Dale Carnegie
Your way of thinking is the most influential when it comes to your happiness. If you think positively, you will be happy no matter what happens, since Carnegie Explain. Be happy with who you are, what you are doing and what you have, and everything will fall into place.
3. “The art of being happy lies in the power to extract happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
There does not have to be anything special for you to be happy. You can find joy in the little everyday experiences you go through.
Look around you and you will surely find something that makes you happy. Notice the birdsong, or the sun shining, or even be happy with the rain to nourish the plants. No matter what it is, as long as it brings you happiness.
4. “Optimism is a magnet for happiness. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you. “- Mary Lou Retton
If you radiate positivity, good things will come, including happiness. The things you think and feel are what will attract you. If you want happiness, keep a positive attitude so that you can receive positive things.
Look around you and pay attention to the attitudes of others, as happiness is about your way of thinking. Those who are pessimistic probably appear to be unlucky and unhappy, while the opposite is true for optimists. Remember this every day and you can allow your positivity to bring happiness into your life.
5. “Being happy is something that each one determines. It is not something we find outside of you, it is within us and it is our choice. “- Catherine Pulsifer
The only person who can determine your happiness is you, and nothing can change that. No situation, event, or scenario can cause your unhappiness either. As Pulsifer explains, happiness is within you and it is up to you to find it and bring it out.
6. “There is only one cause of unhappiness: the false beliefs you have in your head, beliefs so widespread, so commonly held, that it never occurs to you to question them.” – Anthony de Mello
When you think Negative things about you, the truth begins to appear, as de Mello explains. However, change your thought process because it will make a difference. If you believe in yourself, things that didn’t seem possible will become achievable.
Likewise, if you tell yourself that you are happy, you will believe it and begin to feel it. You are what you tell yourself that you are. So, fill your brain with positivity so that it can lead you to happiness.
7. “The reason people find it so difficult to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” – Marcel Pagnol
Looking back wistfully won’t change the way things worked, like Pagnol Explain. Similarly, having anxiety that the future won’t work out will not help either.
The only thing that will help you to be happy is to think positively about the past, the present and the future. Trust that everything will work out and you will feel happiness more often.
As explained in other quotes about being happy, your way of thinking plays a big role in your happiness. To be happy, your thoughts must be positive so that your life is also positive. Your thoughts shape your life, and it depends on whether they will be positive or negative.
Make it a priority to check your thoughts frequently. If you notice a negative thought, shift your focus to something else and replace the thought with a positive one. After a while, positivity will become a natural habit that will help you to be happy.
9. “Think of all the beauty that still remains around you and be happy.” – Anna Frank
Even in the midst of difficulties, there is beauty around you if you seek it. On tough days, remember this quote about the joy of reminding you to look for the good. By keeping a positive attitude and looking for things that find joy inside, you will naturally be a happier person.
10. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you are climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
You cannot plan to be happy only when you achieve your goals. Most of the excitement and happiness comes from the journey and the memories of your experiences. Enjoy the hard work you are doing now because it will mean more when you get to the top.
If you spend the journey to success in fear of each day, it will never bring you happiness. You will spend most of your time hoping to be happy instead of embracing life right now. If you can appreciate and find positivity in your daily tasks, you will also find purpose and happiness.
11. “Happiness is not something already done. That comes from your own actions. “- Dalai Lama
You cannot expect happiness to fall into your lap. You must think and act positively so that you can live a positive life. Only then will you find true happiness.
12. “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t lose hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people. “- Tena Desae
With positivity, hard work, hope, and learning, you can find and maintain happiness. The people you surround yourself with can also influence your mood, even if you try not to allow it. Choose to do things and spend time with those that make you happy.
Keep learning because growth is essential to be happy. If you can do all these things that Desae mentions, you will find happiness.
13. “The secret to being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most of each day.” – A stranger
No matter where you are or what you are doing, accept your life as it is. Make the most of what you have and appreciate everything. If you can stay positive, you have found the secret to happiness.
14. “Being happy does not mean that everything is perfect. It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections. “- Unknown
Life is not perfect, so you cannot expect perfection. Learn to be happy right now and at all times, regardless of what you are going through. There is always more to be positive about, so instead look at those aspects of your life.
15. “You can never be truly happy if you keep holding on to those bad memories that make you sad.” – Anurag Prakash
Let go of the memories that bring you negativity and sadness. Accept what happened and then release it because you can’t change it. Focusing on those memories will keep you from being happy, so try to replace them with something positive.
As these quotes about being happy show, being positive is essential. With positivity, you will feel better about yourself, your life, and the world around you. It will help you determine your priorities and make changes for the better.
Positivity will also help you learn and grow as you go through life, and you will become more resilient. With those benefits, it becomes clear why positivity is so important to being happy.