Marriage is one of the best parts of life for those who decide to get married. They move in together, learn all the little quirks about each other, and start a family together. However, these humorous quotes about marriage will reveal that those benefits are not the only benefits of being married.
Marriage should be a joy, and it should leave you laughing and happy. Although it is a really difficult relationship, it will be more satisfying than any other. You have to work on the marriage and there will be difficulties along the way, so always remember to find the humor.
By finding the funny parts of marriage, you will smile and laugh instead of getting angry or upset. It will make the toughest times much easier to handle, allowing you to return to a peaceful marriage. Remember these quotes about marriage and you will always remember to laugh.
Fifteen funny quotes about marriage
1. “We are all a little weird. And life is a little strange. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with our own, we join them and fall into a mutually satisfying weirdness, and we call it love, true love. “- Robert Fulgham
As Fulgham summarizes, life is strange and every person is weird in some way. Marriage occurs when two strange people come together and combine their weirdness. So when you think about it this way, love and marriage are a little weird, but they are worth it.
2. “If my mother wanted to say something to my father during the game, I had a better chance of him hearing it if I bought a ticket and came down and held a banner in the stands.” – Ray Romano
One of the spouses usually likes sports so much that they disconnect from everything else. When there is intense play, it will seem impossible to communicate with the sports lover in the relationship.
The best bet for the other partner is to buy a ticket to the game and signal to wait. As Romano jokes, this is the only way to communicate with the person watching the game.
3. “The four most important words for a successful marriage: ‘I will wash the dishes.” – Unknown
Married couples have to help each other with everything, including household chores. If your spouse often hears you say that you will do one of the household chores, you will instantly be happy. The more often you or your partner do this, the better your marriage will be.
4. “Marriage is an attempt to solve problems together that you didn’t even have when you were alone.” – Eddie Cantor
Think about the problems you have to solve with your spouse. Most of them are probably problems you didn’t have before marriage. It will seem like a fun part of marriage that you probably weren’t expecting when you realize this.
However, this is not to say that avoiding marriage would mean avoiding problems. The problems married couples face are simply different from those faced by single people. This does not mean that one situation is better than the other.
5. “I love being married. It’s great to find that special someone you want to tease for the rest of your life. “- Rita Rudner
Everyone is annoying sometimes, and everyone does something that gets on your nerves. This is the same for you because you will annoy your spouse often during your marriage. The key is to find the person who doesn’t care to be bothered, who feels the same way about you.
6. “Marriage is like spinning a baton, turning a hand, or eating with chopsticks; it seems easy until you try. “- Helen Rowlan
You’ve probably heard (or experienced) how difficult marriage can be. However, it seems easy for those who have never been married, just like people think that the things Rowlan mentioned are easy. However, once you try it, you will quickly see how difficult it really is.
However, remember that the things in life that are most valuable are the difficult ones. Marriage is worth every fight and all the difficulties. Find the humor in it and you will be reminded that everything will be fine.
7. “Being married mainly means yelling” What? “from other rooms” – Unknown
There are many times when spouses cannot hear each other. However, it seems that instead of approaching each other, they try to scream louder to be heard. This is one of the funniest parts of marriage when you think about it because it has never been dreamed of.
8. “Married life teaches an invaluable lesson: think about things far enough in advance not to say them.” – Jefferson Machamer
You will often find yourself saying things that you wish you could withdraw. Since you cannot retract what has already been said, follow the Machamer’s advice.
Next time, plan and think about the effect your words will have. By thinking this way, you will avoid the regret of saying something offensive to your spouse.
9. “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, get going with a car battery. “- Erma Bombeck
Marriage is unpredictable and you can never guarantee what will happen next. The moment you think you’ve figured things out, you have something else to overcome.
So when you get married, remember this. If you’re still looking for a warranty on something, take Bombeck’s advice and buy a car battery.
10. “For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and her own bathroom. The end. “- Catherine Zeta Jones
Many discussions are started by the state of the bathroom shared by a married couple. Everyone likes things in a certain way, and it is impossible to share a bathroom and keep things in place. So to avoid these endless discussions, it is better to have two separate bathrooms.
11. “I got married for love. But the obvious side effect of having someone around to look for my glasses cannot be ignored. “- Cameron Esposito
While you love the person you married, there are other benefits besides spending your life with your soulmate. One of those benefits is that they can help you find things you’ve lost. Without your spouse, you would have to search completely on your own and perhaps never find what you are looking for.
12. “Marriage is full of surprises, but mostly it’s about asking yourself,” Do you have to do that right now? ” – Unknown
It seems like when you’re in the middle of something, your spouse needs you to do something else. Then they can ask later why you never finished it.
Your best bet is to assume that your spouse always wants you to do something different than what you are doing. This is a cycle that you will notice in marriage, and both spouses are equally guilty of this funny situation.
13. “The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that they may be too old to do it.” – Ann Bancroft
You can scold your husband for months to do something, and he still won’t. The moment you suggest they may be too old to do it, they will start to do it.
Keep this in mind the next time your husband puts off a task that you must do. It’s a pretty safe way to get them moving as they will do anything to prove you wrong about their age.
14. “At every party there are two types of people: those who want to go home and those who don’t. The problem is that they are usually married to each other. “- Unknown
It would be fine if the person who wanted to stay and the person who wanted to go home came separately. Unfortunately, those two people often hung out. This is where one of the greatest sacrifices of marriage comes into play.
15. “It’s fun to complain to someone. Nothing unites us more than complaining about other people. That might be what holds us together more than anything. “- Lew Schneider
Being married means that you will always have someone to complain about. They won’t judge you or tell people what you said, and then you’ll feel better.
Also, you will feel closer to your spouse once you have both complained about people together. This strange and fun benefit of marriage is one that cannot be forgotten.
While marriage It’s weird and harsh at times, it’s also beautiful and wonderful in every way. As these marriage quotes reveal, marriage is fun and unexpected. However, accept every unexpected situation and find the humor as you go through it with your spouse.
Remembering these fun marriage quotes will help you through those unexpected moments. In addition, they will remind you of the pleasure you find in your marriage and the quirks that you love in your spouse.