100 Techniques Women Used to Find a Partner In The Past
It seems like women are always looking for the best way to find a partner these days. Sometimes women work too hard to get a man when the solution might be simple or fun advice like the ones on this list. Getting a future husband shouldn’t be hard work, but being creative can go a long way.
No need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to ways to find a partner. Many of these tips have been published for decades. A perfect example is the 1958 McCall’s article, “129 ways to get a husband,That has been popular since it was published.
However, you have to meet single men to find a match, and that’s where the challenge comes in. There are a few methods of meeting that special someone that has been around for decades, and the fact that some of these methods are old-school doesn’t. it means they still don’t work.
Keep in mind that these tips are light and fun. We took the classic suggestions and updated them with a little PoP twist. So please don’t take them seriously or be offended by them. We share them simply to underline how times have changed in the last 60 years (thank goodness).
Here are 100 techniques for finding, keeping, and ultimately marrying a man who worked in the past.
- Get a job in a male dominated office.
- Be nice to everyone, they may have a brother, uncle or son available.
- Try changing your own flat tire. Men will flock to help you.
- Cry quietly and softly in a corner where people can see you. The men will come to see what happens.
- Fight with heavy objects in public. Men will flock to carry such items.
- Smile and shake your hair in front of strangers.
- Raise the hood of your car and check your oil, transmission fluid, or whatever. This is another way to get men closer to you.
- Make sure you look healthy. Men don’t like bad-looking women.
- Wear high heels whenever possible. They make you look sexy!
- Don’t wear heels if it makes you taller than him.
Wear red lipstick.
- Laugh at men’s jokes even if they aren’t funny. However, don’t laugh like crazy.
- Take several short vacations in different places instead of one long vacation.
- Start a career in certain fields that have high marriage rates. Nurses and flight attendants are excellent examples.
- If possible, sit next to a man if he is on a bus, plane, or train.
- Give ugly men a chance, they could be diamonds in the rough.
- The same is true for men of short stature.
- And the same goes for fat men.
- The same goes for older men, plus they tend to have a lot of money.
- Go to high school meetings. There will probably be many single men who have never been married.
Go to the church. There you can easily find a partner who is looking for a wife.
- Go to soccer games and ask the men to explain the game to you.
- Date single women. Married women are not interested in man-seeking activities.
- Try to avoid being in public with children (your nieces, nephews, children of friends, etc.) because men will think they are your children.
- Don’t talk to men about your exes.
- Do not be bad. Men do not prefer the company of bad women. In fact, nobody likes bad women.
- Don’t make noise and don’t talk too much. Men like gentle and calm women.
- When you speak, speak intelligently.
- Don’t have a sad-looking roommate bring you down to your level.
- Make sure you can handle your alcohol. If you’re not sure, practice with your friends first.
- Join a gym if you’re a little out of shape.
- If you’re in shape, join a gym.
- Get a job at a health food store.
- Make sure you always smell good.
- If you want to find a partner, make sure you look good every time you leave the house. You never know when you will meet Mr. Right.
Always use breath mint.
- Don’t be too easy, but don’t make her lose interest by being too hard to come by.
- Move to a city that has many more men than women. That means that a good number of them will be single.
- Dropping a tissue still works like magic. Don’t do this with Kleenex.
- Ask your friends to set you up on a blind date.
- Always wear the accessory or jewelry you bought for her on dates.
- You never spit in public, even if you think no one is looking. Someone is definitely watching.
- The same goes for picking your nose.
- Don’t smash beer cans on your forehead. See the following technique for clarification.
- When you find a partner, don’t be too aggressive. Unless you are a fighter or MMA fighter, men want to feel like the male partner in the relationship.
- Make sure you get along with her mother.
- Do your best to cook like her mother does, although you will never match her culinary skills. Don’t be afraid to ask your mother-in-law for advice.
- Make a lot of money. The more money you have, the more men you will have.
Try speed dating.
- Be mysterious. Don’t deliver everything at once.
- Make sure you have decent credit.
- Help if you are not a fugitive. If so, take your time and get it over with.
- Don’t talk about marriage or children on the first date. Or on the second date.
- Find out what their ex did wrong and don’t do that.
- Be proud of your clothes. Please make sure they are clean, ironed and stylish.
- Make sure you don’t have any STDs. That is definitely a relationship killer.
- Let a cold sore heal before going on a date.
- When you find a partner, be a little spontaneous. Nobody likes a stick in the mud.
- Don’t be his mother. He already has one.
- Change your look from time to time. Don’t get too crazy, but do enough to surprise him.
Have good manners when you eat.
- Men like women with glasses, but they don’t wear large magnifying glasses. Make sure your glasses are nice and trendy.
- Brush your teeth regularly. Keep them white and straight.
- Make sure the seams of your stockings are straight.
- Look fresh and clean all the time by washing regularly.
- Don’t be afraid to tell a man that he looks handsome.
- Learn to flirt properly.
- Bake a sandwich and share it with eligible singles in your office.
- Enjoy cheap dates as much as expensive ones.
- Don’t bring your parents or siblings to your date. He is not dating the whole family.
- Congratulate him in front of his friends.
- Go for a jog and jog alongside the men in a way that’s not creepy.
Learn to play golf and play often.
- Sit on a park bench and feed the pigeons. Make sure you are dressed to impress for attention.
- Ask your friends’ husbands if there are single men in their offices.
- Get a job at the police department.
- Date women who are more attractive than you. Men seem to always be around them, and you can get lucky when women reject them.
- Get a job at a gun shop or bait and tackle shop.
- Take care of your language. Keep it classy.
- Let him come up with ideas for a date, but if he asks you what you want to do, prepare yourself with an answer.
- Appreciate the little things he does for you as much as you appreciate the big things.
- Enroll in night school and take courses on the things men like to do.
- Volunteer to serve on the jury. You should be able to find a partner in court easily.
- Think of a less fortunate man if you don’t mind being the breadwinner in the relationship. This could also work if you agree to lead a meager lifestyle.
- Visit your hometown often. There may be single men who never left town.
- Write your name and phone number on a men’s bathroom.
Don’t be afraid to take the first step.
- Band-Aids are a topic of conversation. People always want to know what happened to you.
- Step into a room while looking fabulous. You will have all eyes on.
- Men like to travel in convertibles, so consider buying one.
- Make your father turn you into a man. Parents often have ideas on how to find a mate for their daughters.
- If you see a wallflower, it is a single man wrapped in a bow for you.
- Be unique in the way you dress or style.
If you smoke, use an ashtray, not a mug, to put out your cigarettes.
- It’s okay to take advice from friends, but don’t let them ruin your relationship.
- Don’t gossip about a man that interests you. Word spreads.
- However, word is getting out, so don’t be afraid to tell people that you are looking for someone special.
- Learn how to gamble. Men love to gamble.
- Point that out someone special that single men are twice as likely to die earlier than married men.
- When all else fails, get breast implants, buttock implants, or both.
Final thoughts on these hilariously dated ways to find a partner
These suggested ways to find a partner sound like fun to us, don’t they? Times have changed for the better and we are grateful that today’s women enjoy more freedom than ever.